Spontaneous reboot on PW2

trekk
My ELO: I don't know

Spontaneous reboot on PW2

Post by trekk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm using the latest build 2015.04 and Cool Reader is better than ever. Unfortunately I connected my Kindle Paperwhite 2 via USB with my Computer, while Cool Reader was opened. I disconnected the USB-Cable and restarted the Paperwhite. Since then everytime I start Cool Reader, 10-20 seconds after opening a book, the Paperwhite reboots.

This is what I have done till now:

I reinstalled MMK and KUAL with the latest versions. I did a fresh install of Cool Reader. But the device still reboots every time I open Cool Reader.

I need sone help here. Any ideas would be highly welcome. ;)

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Re: Spontaneous reboot on PW2

Post by sergeyvl » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:50 pm

trekk wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm using the latest build 2015.04 and Cool Reader is better than ever. Unfortunately I connected my Kindle Paperwhite 2 via USB with my Computer, while Cool Reader was opened. I disconnected the USB-Cable and restarted the Paperwhite. Since then everytime I start Cool Reader, 10-20 seconds after opening a book, the Paperwhite reboots.

This is what I have done till now:

I reinstalled MMK and KUAL with the latest versions. I did a fresh install of Cool Reader. But the device still reboots every time I open Cool Reader.

I need sone help here. Any ideas would be highly welcome. ;)
Hi, trekk

Very glad to see you at our forum. This week I'm still busy, but I'll think in background about the reason. Somebody had reboot problem before on pw2. But I don't remember what was the reason.

trekk
My ELO: I don't know

Re: Spontaneous reboot on PW2

Post by trekk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Always a pleasure, Sergey. :)

I can't say, I have a detailed solution for this problems, but Cool Reader is now working without any more reboots.

After the last reboot I waited 30 minutes before starting KUAL and then Cool Reader. This time there was no reboot.
I assume, the Paperwhite has been busy with some processes in the background. So the solution to the problem was just waiting until this processes had been finished. Now everything works as it should.