Kobo glo installation

gmjh
My ELO: 0-1000

Kobo glo installation

Post by gmjh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:06 am

Hi, I'm having trouble understanding the installation instructions. I do not know what the 'flash root' is, I cannot see kobo launcher.png or the tgz. file. I don't have anything called 'applications' or 'games'. Is there a way of describing the installation for dummies? Thank you very much

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Re: Kobo glo installation

Post by sergeyvl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 am

gmjh wrote:Hi, I'm having trouble understanding the installation instructions. I do not know what the 'flash root' is, I cannot see kobo launcher.png or the tgz. file. I don't have anything called 'applications' or 'games'. Is there a way of describing the installation for dummies? Thank you very much
gmjh

Sorry for inconvenience.

Instruction
http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id= ... h_glo_mini

is written for the new build of pbchess for Kobo. I've just uploaded it on my site. Please download it again.

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/pbc ... 5_kobo.zip

"launcher.png" is in the zip file.

"flash root" is the root of the internal reader memory (e.g. drive "X:" in windows to which your reader is mounted).

gmjh

Post by gmjh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Ok thanks very much.

I'll let you know if it works for me

gmjh

Post by gmjh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Ok, the problem that I have, and I think a lot of people will have, is that I don't understand what the 'flash root' is on a Kobo Glo is because I need a name of a file to put this on not 'flash root'. So I cannot see the launcher on the Kobo at the end of Stage 1.
When you say "Copy the “launcher.png” file into the flash root" I don't know whether you mean flashroot/.kobo which you mention in the previous step or some other place
.kobo is easy to find.but 'flash root' is not and is not easily understandable
Where does the launcher.png go? Because 'flash root' means nothing to me.
If launcher png goes into the .kobo file then it didn't work and I can't see it
Thanks very much

gmjh

Post by gmjh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 pm

ah I see now, the launcher.png has to go in the Kobo file (the file with the other images of book covers ) Now I can load it and play :) I'll let you know if any crashes etc occur. As a suggestion I would suggest you change the instructions to give the location of the file 'Kobo' and get rid of the word 'flash root' as it's confusing. Thanks though, the chess looks great

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Post by sergeyvl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:38 am

gmjh wrote:ah I see now, the launcher.png has to go in the Kobo file (the
file with the other images of book covers )
No (if you mean the .kobo/Kobo directory). This directory is populated automatically.

The "flash root" directory is the parent directory of ".kobo" directory.
gmjh wrote: When you say "Copy the “launcher.png” file into the flash root" I don't know whether you mean flashroot/.kobo which you mention in the previous step or some other place
I meant you should exit from "flashroot/.kobo" up and you will be in "flashroot".