kindle firmware updates

Post Reply
atreides7887
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm
My ELO: 0-1000

Re: Project news

Post by atreides7887 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Hello,

Doing some general kindle maintenace and was going to update my firmware as I'm all the way back on 5.3.1. I notice you've said this release works with 5.3.2, does that apply all the way up to 5.3.4 (the current version) or should I find a download for just 5.3.2?

Regards,
atreides7887

sergeyvl
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:43 pm
My ELO: 1700-1800
Location: Харьков
Contact:

Re: Project news

Post by sergeyvl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:31 am

atreides7887 wrote:Hello,

Doing some general kindle maintenace and was going to update my firmware as I'm all the way back on 5.3.1. I notice you've said this release works with 5.3.2, does that apply all the way up to 5.3.4 (the current version) or should I find a download for just 5.3.2?

Regards,
atreides7887
Hi, atreides7887

I'm not sure that I've completely understand the following things:

1. What kindle do you have?
2. To what firmware are you going to update your kindle?

atreides7887
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm
My ELO: 0-1000

Re: kindle firmware updates

Post by atreides7887 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:53 am

Hello,

Ah yes sorry I should have been a bit clearer on all that. I've got a kindle paperwhite currently running firmware 5.3.1. I haven't updated it for ages and was thinking I should and because pbchess is the main thing I use it for I came here first to check it would be compatible. I saw your post of the change in application launcher and the new version you've released for 5.3.2. I was wondering if this will still work for 5.3.4 (the most recent version) or if I should just update to 5.3.2?


Although, having just typed all that I can see that you specifically mention Kindle touch in your post rather than kindle paperwhite. Does the same thing apply?

Thanks,
atreides7887

sergeyvl
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:43 pm
My ELO: 1700-1800
Location: Харьков
Contact:

Re: kindle firmware updates

Post by sergeyvl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 am

atreides7887 wrote:Hello,

Ah yes sorry I should have been a bit clearer on all that. I've got a kindle paperwhite currently running firmware 5.3.1. I haven't updated it for ages and was thinking I should and because pbchess is the main thing I use it for I came here first to check it would be compatible. I saw your post of the change in application launcher and the new version you've released for 5.3.2. I was wondering if this will still work for 5.3.4 (the most recent version) or if I should just update to 5.3.2?


Although, having just typed all that I can see that you specifically mention Kindle touch in your post rather than kindle paperwhite. Does the same thing apply?

Thanks,
atreides7887
Ok, I understand. I think it should work.

atreides7887
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm
My ELO: 0-1000

Re: kindle firmware updates

Post by atreides7887 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks for the update. Still enjoying this great piece of software by the way. As I said its basically all I use the kindle for.

sergeyvl
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:43 pm
My ELO: 1700-1800
Location: Харьков
Contact:

Re: kindle firmware updates

Post by sergeyvl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

atreides7887 wrote:As I said its basically all I use the kindle for.
:) I'm too

Post Reply