Question about openings

Cmely
My ELO: I don't know

Question about openings

Post by Cmely » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:35 pm

Hello Sergey,

I have few questions about openings. First of all is there any option to show the name of the opening currently played ? Is it also possible to add some aditional openings book ? and if 'yes' how will I do that ?

I really appreciate your software, as it allows me to play both on my Pocketbook and my PC. I also appreciate the fact that it come with a lot of material for training. Thank you for your work !

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Re: Question about openings

Post by sergeyvl » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Cmely wrote:Hello Sergey,

I have few questions about openings. First of all is there any option to show the name of the opening currently played ? Is it also possible to add some aditional openings book ? and if 'yes' how will I do that ?

I really appreciate your software, as it allows me to play both on my Pocketbook and my PC. I also appreciate the fact that it come with a lot of material for training. Thank you for your work !
Hi!

1. For now the opening name is not displayed. But it is in plans.
2. You can easilly add your own opening books in the Polyglot format. Please look inside "vlasovsoft/books" directory and "vlasovsoft/books.txt" text file. It is quite simple! :)

Cmely

Post by Cmely » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:05 am

sergeyvl wrote: 1. For now the opening name is not displayed. But it is in plans.
This is great, thank you :)
sergeyvl wrote: 2. You can easilly add your own opening books in the Polyglot format. Please look inside "vlasovsoft/books" directory and "vlasovsoft/books.txt" text file. It is quite simple! :)
Ok, I'll look into that, thank you for the help.

Cmely

Post by Cmely » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:44 pm

I have another question :D

When you start a new game you can choose as an option "Opening training".

What it this option for ? I've seen that when you select it, you have an additional score in the "notation" window, but I have no idea of how this is supposed to be used.

Thanks for your hints :)

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Post by sergeyvl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Cmely wrote:I have another question :D

When you start a new game you can choose as an option "Opening training".

What it this option for ? I've seen that when you select it, you have an additional score in the "notation" window, but I have no idea of how this is supposed to be used.

Thanks for your hints :)
This score can be from 0 to 1. It allows you to test your debute skills.

For example:

N = 1 - you've made the best move from the opening book
0 < N < 1 - your move exists in the opening book but it is not the best
N = 0 - your move doesn't exist in the opening book. This means that either it is bad move or the opening book doesn't contain moves for this depth.

Cmely

Post by Cmely » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:51 pm

Ok, I get it ! :D
Thanks for the explanations !