SOLVED: Launcher does not start on kobo glo

koboglo_user
My ELO: I don't know

SOLVED: Launcher does not start on kobo glo

Post by koboglo_user » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi!

First of all, from what it looks like, this is a great piece of software. I'm not a chess pro, but I do really miss the chess program on my kobo (Got removed in a update [insert rant]), and I think the other games and text editor would be nice too (for short notes and such). Plus the ability to launch other software with the launcher and a SSH server, it all sounds really nice! :)

Only, I cannot get it to start on my kobo glo.

When I telnet (I followed http://www.preining.info/blog/2013/07/s ... -kobo-glo/, but only the part for telnet, not for ssh. I did change root /home dir from / to /root, could that have caused this problem? ) to my kobo, and try to start launcher manually:

#cd /mnt/onboard/.kobo/vlasovsoft
#./launcher.sh

I get the following error:

[root@(none) vlasovsoft]# ./launcher
./launcher: error while loading shared libraries: libcommon.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My kobo glo runs software version 3.19.5761

Can you help me get the launcher to start on my kobo glo?
Where can I find libcommon.so? And where should it be on my kobo?
Last edited by koboglo_user on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

koboglo_user
My ELO: I don't know

Re: Launcher does not start on kobo glo

Post by koboglo_user » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:11 am

Nevermind :)

Something went wrong with copying the vlasovsoft folder, resulting in a few missing files.

Among them launcher.sh, and probably libcommon.so. Upon deleting and re-copy-ing the folder, launcher now works :)

For those that experience the same problem, verify file count in both the original folder and the one copied to kobo.

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Re: Launcher does not start on kobo glo

Post by sergeyvl » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:00 am

koboglo_user wrote:Nevermind :)

Something went wrong with copying the vlasovsoft folder, resulting in a few missing files.

Among them launcher.sh, and probably libcommon.so. Upon deleting and re-copy-ing the folder, launcher now works :)

For those that experience the same problem, verify file count in both the original folder and the one copied to kobo.
Thanks!