Translators wanted!

boriar
My ELO: 1000-1500

Re: Translators wanted!

Post by boriar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Well, here it is
Spanish.zip
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
but I need to see how it fits on the screen. When you upload the cdb i probably made a new (and final?) version.
Using Kobo Aura H2O

sergeyvl
My ELO: 1700-1800

Post by sergeyvl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:22 pm

boriar wrote:Well, here it is
Spanish.zip
but I need to see how it fits on the screen. When you upload the cdb i probably made a new (and final?) version.
Hi, boriar!

Here is Spanish.cdb http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/cat ... panish.cdb

Also I've updated translations.zip for upcoming version (2015.07). In the version 2015.07 online tactics will be introduced.

I've also added in the English.cdb:

Code: Select all

[Event "Resign"]
[Header1 "<event>"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "5r2/5r1k/5q2/5PQ1/8/5P1P/1R5P/6RK w - - 0 1"]
[Flags "2"]

{Suppose, you absolutely have no idea how to solve the current chess problem. Hint didn't help. In this case you can resign and
see the solution. MENU - Game - Resign. Please try to do it for the current chess problem.}
1. Qh5+ Qh6 2. Qg6+ Qxg6 3. fxg6+ $18 *
and

Code: Select all

[Event "Online tactics"]
[Header1 "<event>"]
[Site "pbchess"]
[Date "2015.07.20"]
[Round "-"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]

{+Online tactics allows you to estimate your real tactical skills compared with other users
of this program. The main idea is that all the users solve problems from one huge online tactical
database. Every user and every chess problem has it's own ELO rating that is changed after each
success/error. To start online tactical training please select MENU - Online - Tactics. Enter your
user name and password. If it is your first login then your account will be created. Please note:
(1) Your current database is closed when you start online training. Use MENU - Base - Recent to open
it again. (2) You need the internet connection.} *
Also in the text MENU - Base - Catalog should be changed to MENU - Online - Books.

Thanks!

boriar

Post by boriar » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Here is all translated!

The pack have all in translation.zip and the games with text. Like I did changes here and there, I put all files again.
About the new chapters, like I don't know where to put it in file, I decided to put in a different file. Also change the text about Online.

Also I have two problems:
1º All characters for spanish language (I suppose other languages also) don't appear correctly (like ¡, ¿, ñ, á, é, í, ó, ú). May be use UTF-8 can solve it.
2º When it's needed two lines in a chapter title, the top line is too near the bezel. I think a little spacing between lines would solve it.
Attachments
spanish.zip
(18.66 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Using Kobo Aura H2O

sergeyvl

Post by sergeyvl » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:30 am

boriar wrote:Here is all translated!

The pack have all in translation.zip and the games with text. Like I did changes here and there, I put all files again.
About the new chapters, like I don't know where to put it in file, I decided to put in a different file. Also change the text about Online.

Also I have two problems:
1º All characters for spanish language (I suppose other languages also) don't appear correctly (like ¡, ¿, ñ, á, é, í, ó, ú). May be use UTF-8 can solve it.
2º When it's needed two lines in a chapter title, the top line is too near the bezel. I think a little spacing between lines would solve it.
Thanks, boriar!

1. I've converted your files to UTF-8 and everything is ok. You should use notepad++ or some other text editor (not notepad!) to edit UTF-8 files.

2. The results: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/Spanish.zip

3. I've forgotten about small "Hints" chapter... So, I've added it to Spanish.pgn in English.

4. Please write your device in your signature. I want to build the latest version for you.

boriar

Post by boriar » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:16 am

sergeyvl wrote:Thanks, boriar!

1. I've converted your files to UTF-8 and everything is ok. You should use notepad++ or some other text editor (not notepad!) to edit UTF-8 files.
Sorry! My fault. Normaly I use a linux compliant editor (PSPad Editor).

3. I've forgotten about small "Hints" chapter... So, I've added it to Spanish.pgn in English.
Translated!

4. Please write your device in your signature. I want to build the latest version for you.
Done!
Also some questions & sugestions:
- All chapters with chess puzzle have chapter number, none in the rest. Is it normal?
- The problem with two lines' titles is there. The top line is cut by some pixels. Less space between lines would be enough.
- When the dots for legal moves are shown, in eink device, almost disappear in the black squares. May be that a bit of darkness solve it.
- I don't know if it's because my build or not but in the Resign chapter, the resign menú don't show anything.

Like ever, thanks for your work!

File updated: See post below
Last edited by boriar on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using Kobo Aura H2O

sergeyvl

Post by sergeyvl » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:52 am

I've uploaded the latest builds here:

http://vlasovsoft.triolan.com.ua/files/test/

>All chapters with chess puzzle have chapter number, none in the rest. Is it normal?
yes.

>The problem with two lines' titles is there. The top line is cut by some pixels. Less space between lines would be enough.
ok, I'll try to do something in the next version.

>When the dots for legal moves are shown, in eink device, almost disappear in the black squares. May be that a bit of darkness solve it.
ok.

>I don't know if it's because my build or not but in the Resign chapter, the resign menú don't show anything.
Done in the new build. Also join to our online tactics server.

boriar

Post by boriar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi, sergeyvl!

Thanks for the test build! I have updated the tutorial (for me it's perfect now).
The file:
Spanish-pgn.zip
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
About the rest, the options for Menu-Settings-Game-Book isn't in the ts file.
Like there's no room for other games in the forum i want to say here that when Takuzu run for the first time, if you touch cancel the screen go to blank and need to reboot. Only for the first time.
Using Kobo Aura H2O

yahya
My ELO: 1500-1600

Post by yahya » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi there,

I am a hobbyist chess player from Pakistan. If you need translation of PBChess in Urdu, I can help. Please let me know. Thank you. :)

sergeyvl

Post by sergeyvl » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:14 pm

yahya wrote:Hi there,

I am a hobbyist chess player from Pakistan. If you need translation of PBChess in Urdu, I can help. Please let me know. Thank you. :)
Hi, yahya

Thanks for your proposal! Yes, I need. If you have free time of cause :) This is the page for translators:

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id=en:translator

Feel free to contact me if you have questions!

Cidraque
My ELO: I don't know

Post by Cidraque » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:43 am

I can traslate it to Catalan, give me a little time ;)